Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's All new

Since I bought my little digital camera a few years back, I have been wanting to learn how to use it properly. Sure, it has an auto setting on it, but there are lots of other bits that I have no idea of what they are, mean or do. Yes, I have read the manual, & yes, I have played a lot, but I need to get better. Some of my pics are OK & some are downright disasters. Occasionally I score a really good one. I want them all to be good, with some being fantastic. I want to know about aperture, shutter speed and all kinds of things. So I am out to learn.

OK, now where to start. I could go & do a course, but I really like learning by myself with good resources. I am into Yahoo groups, & thought maybe I could get some help there, but searching one day found only one group which so far hasn't even answered. Then there is the internet, which is always a wealth of information. I had searched before, but obviously didn't quite have the right search words. I did find a book in my local library, but it was a bit heavy reading & way too much for me to comprehend. Then yesterday at my local library I walked past the magazine section, & glaring up at me was a copy of Australian Photography. There was actually quite a few, so two of them came home with me, any more would be too much.

These magazines are a wealth of information, the best of which to me was a page of internet addresses. There is other stuff too, but most of it I am not ready for yet. So yesterday I spent internet surfing photography places & today I found some tutorials as well as a forum.

So watch this space. I intend it to be a place where I can showcase my best images and maybe get feedback as to how I can make them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment