Friday, November 5, 2010

Macro & focus


When I bought my camera, the sales assistant asked lots of questions ( which I can't remember now), but I remember telling her that I wanted to be able to take good photographs of my stitching and lace work. I wanted to be able to record fine detail. That's when I was introduced to the macro button. I've been practising with it lots and lots, but what I find is that the camera auto focuses, and not usually where I want it to focus. I have to find out if I can change this & how.

Take the photo above, the clear detail focus seems to be on the right & lower right petal, and I would really like it all over the flower, especially in the center. In this image the center is not clear at all. Something I have to find out how to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment